If you are looking for the best car subwoofer under 100 bucks – then surely you have landed in the perfect place because in this article we are going to discuss thoroughly about the subwoofers – their pros/cons, price point & honest reviews.
The subwoofer is all getting attention within the community of the music enthusiast. Do you count yourself in?
If you consider the car audio system a body, then woofers are its kidneys that filter out certain frequencies and make the sound clearer enough to enjoy the drive.
Many people are surprised to know that the speakers are not the only thing they want with their car sound system, it is far more and a huge thanks to the technology, and everything is brought to us with the least effort.
The subwoofer is the loudspeaker device that has the main focus on the lower frequency sound, and this way, the small speakers or tweeters do not specifically have to look after the small frequency bass, and they can manage the sound of the larger frequencies.
It is right to say; that “subwoofers share the job with the speakers”
Understanding Budget vs. Performance
The cars that lack subwoofers in them usually produce distortion and unwanted hissing sound because the average quality speakers are not capable of focusing on the range of a plethora of frequencies simultaneously.
If you force speakers to focus on the short and medium frequencies, they will not stand it. Or you may either need to incorporate the premium speakers that could work on the wide scale of frequencies, and unfortunately, they may cost an arm and a leg.
So the alternative and the most affordable approach is to have some quality subwoofers under $100.
You can learn more about – What are the differences between 2-way, 3-way and, 4-way speakers?
If you want to make your car speaker work professionally and better, buying subwoofers is worth considering; it is the main key to pulling off a range of advantages.
If you find the one reason that makes you love driving for hours and more. No matter how large or small your car space is, subwoofers enhance the sound quality to a great extent.
The subwoofers not just share the buck of the small speakers, but this sharing also increases the lifespan of the car stereo system and, specifically, speakers.
They prevent speakers from undergoing wear and tear and permanent damage. Their marvellous frequency managing features make them a must-have device for the car audio system.
Since subwoofers have a tiny structure, you should not have to worry about the limited space in the car; they will not consume more area. They can be easily placed anywhere in the car.
This blog has compiled the 10 best subwoofers under $100 to buy in 2022, but before diving into that, you must be wondering about the features of the subwoofers while buying.
Don’t worry, and we have your back. An ideal subwoofer must have the following features:
- Not all subwoofers are the same, and so are the power requirements to run them. You need to make sure how much power does your car stereo work on and if your subwoofer can bear the intensity or not.
- An ideal subwoofer has to be able to make at least 35Hz of frequency.
- Choose Powered Woofers over Passive woofers; they don’t take energy from an amplifier.
- No matter what brand you go for while buying a subwoofer, it must have a crossover frequency of 100Hz.
- They don’t have to be larger but have a small and compact body to fit anywhere in the car.
- They must have some pre-set modes; they are customizable.
- Some brands also give you a wireless approach to the subwoofers, which is more convenient.
- It shouldn’t have to be very expensive.
So, check the features before buying any subwoofer for the car audio system. Learn more about – How to tell if a subwoofer is blown?
10 Best Car subwoofers under $100
Here is the list you have been waiting for-
Alpine is moving ahead of every obstacle in the name of technology and earning fame on the list of renowned subwoofer manufacturers.
- This is the 12 inches sub with an overall dimension of 15x 15 x 9 inches and a weight of 10 pounds.
- The tiny round body can produce an output of around 750W with an input of 250W.
- They work amazingly with a load of 4 ohms. It is made of Mica cone and Polypropylene and surrounded by firm foam to bear the high voltage when running.
- The frequency response is great, too, from 32Hz to 200Hz.
- These devices are budget-friendly and manufactured to have fun with the retro design embedded with smart technology.
- It owns a tighter bass control which helps it generate better output.
- However, the recommended volume for the sealed box is 1.09 cu, and the ported box is 1.91 cu.
Based on the consumer’s reviews, the list of the pros is long.
- They are easy to install.
- They don’t have any initial complaints when combined with an amp.
- This will help you get the clean and clear bass with zero distortion and other nagging sounds.
- They sound flawless, and you’re going to love them for the price they are being sold.
- They can bring revolution to the sound system.
- The product is under warranty, so you can ask manufacturers to replace the piece if you find something not working for you.
Since pros are huge in number, one can also neglect the cons.
- They are heavier in weight than traditional speakers, making them inconvenient to carry. But luckily your car can carry it for sure!
Overall, our thorough research about the product enabled us to admit that this is made for YOU! It has got 95% ratings and is in the first spot on the list!
For years, JBL has been bringing innovation with every new invention that aims to come with ease with the human practice of smart devices. And, here is the subwoofer “GT5-10D” by JBL.
- They are comparatively smaller subs in black with the dimensions 12 x 12 x 10 and a little heavier, about 13.2 pounds.
- It, too, works on the 4 Ohms of current.
- It has dual voice coils in it.
- It owns a powerful design with classic elements and efficient technology running along.
- The most recommended power range by the brand is from 150W to 275W to handle a huge output of about 1100W.
- The best about the product, and of course claimed by the brand, is that it is 20 times more efficient than many other competitors.
- The manufacturing materials are Polypropylene and cones surrounded by the rubber to bear the voltage and wear and tear.
- The rubber ring surrounds the large two magnets.
- It has an impedance of 2 to 8 ohms.
- A battery of 112V is required to make it functional.
- It is wireless.
- These are the enhanced quality subwoofers with deep bass.
- If you are a pop-music lover, they’ll work for you the best.
- They are great for their price.
- These subs are the champions over all others when they provide 400 watts at 2 ohms.
- The product in the standard package doesn’t show up with any issues, and they are firm, strong, and clean to work.
- They are capable of rattling the car with an impressive high-quality sound.
- They produce a clearer sound and bass.
- They work extremely efficiently for the price and size and are quite comparable to the other high-end woofers.
- If you find something wrong with the product, you can request manufacturers to replace it within seven days.
- They have got a small sensitivity for the cars with the giant space.
- They are smaller in size, making them constantly move at their place in the car.
However, JBL GT5-10D, overall, are magnificent woofers, among many others. We’ve given it 90% ratings and spotted it on the second number on the list! If you are looking for something perfect for a small sum of money, go for it!
Another amazing subwoofer by JBL. GT5-10 has got almost the same dimensions as the GT5-10D with a slight variation in functionality, but gladly, these are too efficient and in-budget to opt for. The brand is more into developing trust between the good quality products and the customers’ level of satisfaction.
- The 10 inches subwoofers of the GT5 series have the dimensions of 12 x 12 x 10 inches.
- The weight of the sub is comparatively lighter. It is about 4.4 pounds, which makes it portable and easy to carry.
- The device works at 250 watts and delivers a peak output of 1100 watts.
- The body is again made to be rigid enough that it could bear the high resistance and conductance at the same time and the sharp bass to deal with. The materials used in manufacturing are propylene and rubber-coated tinsel leads.
- Tough rubbers surround the giant magnet that is capable of managing frequencies.
- With them installed, you will see a great difference, and they are brilliant in the race.
- They can produce firm bass with lower frequencies and make a strong sound.
- GT5 works best for rock and pop music.
- Among the competitors, they are not easy to blow as the material used in manufacturing is rigid and lasting – it will not disappoint you!
- Whether cheap or premium, no matter what quality amp you have, it always works for both and hits faster and harder.
- It has a great frequency response as well.
- The solid-body makes it all stand out; they are louder and long-lasting.
- It doesn’t have dual voice coils like others mentioned, so you might feel some decrease in the efficiency of the performance.
- Subs are too light in weight, making them wiggle at their place.
- It cannot bear more power than mentioned, so make sure that the power supply is within limits mentioned.
It had grabbed the third spot on the list, which means it is a favourite among customers.
Soundstream PSW. 104
Here comes the classic edition of the subwoofer. Soundstream is a relatively newer brand with the main focus on the “Need” of any audio system and what consumers are looking for. It ensures to address all the necessary needs while manufacturing any audio device. And here we go! It has brought the race-winner for such an affordable price that cannot be neglected.
- The device is 10 inches with a dimension of 12.5 x 12.5 x 5 inches.
- The minimum power required by the model is 250 watts.
- The maximum output of the PSW. 104 is 500 watts.
- The efficiency of the woofers is quite comparable, and it is about 86.40Db.
- It requires the power of 4 ohms to produce a strong sound of better quality.
- The sub is the perfect combination of value and performance, and it is capable of working on minimal power requirements.
- This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Display size 3 inches.
- The subwoofers give you a wireless approach.
- You cannot get enough of it, and this device works super effing great on such a low power supply.
- No matter what the quality of your amp is, once it is connected to the subwoofer, it will produce the sound you will not stop loving.
- It works great at medium volume. The sealed small box makes a mood-changing and robust bass.
- It will cut all the distortion and all the unwanted sounds.
- It doesn’t require a lot of instructions to operate but some touch on display, and it gets ready to generate the blasting music.
- It is counted as a good sum of money in the right application.
- It cannot bear too much volume.
- It also cannot bear the high power supply.
- It doesn’t work for giant trucks and other vehicles, and you might not feel the difference on the back seats.
On the list, it is spotted in the fourth position, and we’d rated it 80% for delivering exceptional jobs while it has fewer cons and can be eliminated if the instructions are correctly followed.
Skar Audio SDR-10 D4
SDR-10 D is one of the hottest pieces when it comes to the audio sound system. It comes in a much more affordable package with lots of benefits to harvesting with ease. This is the most selling product of all on the list, and Skar is the renowned brand that has been putting in a lot of efforts to bring modernization in listening to music at home, in a vehicle, and anywhere easily.
- The brand keeps the main focus on the requirement of any car audio system, and thus the product comes in 10 different sizes with the variation in the power requirement as well.
- To make them run, you have to keep an input of 600 watts.
- The output is 1200 watts.
- It has a sensitivity of 82.5Db.
- It has got a great frequency response between 28Hz to 300Hz.
- It is made of 4 layers of the copper coil to bear high temperatures.
- The design is super impressive with an advanced airflow cooling.
- It has the high flux ferrite motor fixed in it.
- It has a mounting depth of about 6.08 inches.
- The product has soon gained popularity among many other products of the same price, and it has made for the hard-hitting.
- It can produce the fantastic sounds you’re going to love.
- It can bear the high temperature, so there is nothing to worry about it getting burnt during summers or having no air conditioners in the cars.
- To create a quality low bass response.
- The subwoofer’s design is another masterpiece, which makes it different and stands out among others at the first glimpse.
- For the small spaces of cars and other vehicles, it ensures to rattle them with the tighter bass.
- It has good sounding and quality.
- It comes with a warranty of 6 months.
- It doesn’t work on all types of amps, and you need to have the premium quality amp to pull off the maximum advantages from your SDR – 10D.
- Not suitable for the huge spaced vehicles.
SDR 10 has grabbed the fifth spot on the list. It is an impressive sub for the sum of money. If you are looking for an affordable option with the most advantages, this is for you!
Here’s something better than you can expect for such a low price—another subwoofer from the brand “Alpine,” which is worth buying. Alpine is manufacturing the bassline series of the subs that gets the real control on the lower frequencies of sound.
- The product has a total dimension of 14 x 14 x 10 inches with 9.8 pounds.
- The subwoofer is made of Polypropylene and mica cones.
- The capability of RMS power handling is 250 watts.
- It doesn’t address the high frequency, which eliminates distortion.
- This subwoofer can handle the impedance of 4 ohms and the input of 250 watts RMS.
- The retro-designed subwoofer is perfectly engineered with a loud and fun bass to make every drive energetic.
- Improved efficacy is achieved by strong magnetism.
- The mounting depth of the product is 5 1/16”.
- It has a single voice coil in it.
- The product is ten times better than other expensive subwoofers on the market.
- These are super simple and easy to install and can produce great sound.
- It works great when you have the right quality amp in the sound system.
- It works pretty great even when you push 800 watts.
- On the low and even the mid-range frequency, it works efficiently without causing any distortion.
- However, it is a great deal in the minimum budget, but overuse and some warm surrounding can make it blow before the warranty ends.
- It has a single voice coil, which cannot bear the high power mentioned. So you have to be very careful in following the instructions.
Alpine is the name of the revolution in the sound system. It has grabbed the 6th spot on the list, and it is equally a favorite among the users.
BOSS Audio System AR100DVC
And the Boss is BOSS – For years, BOSS Platinum Online Dealers has been manufacturing quality electronic products to improve users’ experience in automotive. AR100DVC is the game-changer.
- It comes in two different sizes of 10” and 14” with the variable in the power outputs as well.
- It is made with durable and lasting propylene material that serves as the gateway to powerful sound.
- It has two voice calls that can bear high temperatures and electrostatic changes and provide a driver with a longer pay time.
- The subs are surrounded by rubber, which can resist wear and tear.
- The design is compact with the basket, ensuring energy transfer.
- The device has excellent corrosion resistance.
- The sensitivity of the sub is 85Db.
- It works on the impedance of 4 Ohms.
- It needs a mounting hole of 9.1 inches, with a depth of 4.8 inches, and weight of 7.6Lbs.
- It has a resonant frequency of 36Hz.
- It can produce great sound and strong bass with low and medium frequencies for the sum of money.
- It has got a unique design, which is not easy to wiggle where it is placed.
- It is not easy to get damaged or rusted.
- The basket design is the newer idea, and it has got an additional feature of bearing the high power and energy changes while running.
- It has two voice coils, which makes it easy to produce a great sound with the perfect quality. You are going to love it.
- Some users claimed their sub burned up before the warranty timeline.
- The giant size makes installation difficult.
- It is not wireless
- It is not waterproof.
- According to some users – it may start causing some smell after some weeks of installing these subs.
Of course, the pros come with cons, and if you want them to function for years, even after the warranty hits, you have to follow the instructions carefully.
BOSS Audio Systems CXX10
BOSS is ready to rock with another great sub of its collection. This race-winner is called “CXX10”. It is truly a BOSS product on the list with the maximum sale on the market.
- It comes in 4 different sizes, so the power output is variable.
- BASS is unique with its production, and it makes the basket design professional. You will not stop gushing over it.
- It has the sensitivity of 87Db
- It has a single voice coil resistance to high temperatures.
- The body is made of tough propylene and surrounded by rubber to bear external pressure and electrostatic disturbance.
- It has a mounting height of 4.6 inches and a mounting hole of 9.2 inches.
- It comes with a three years warranty – that’s too good!
- The strong material makes it more resilient and durable.
- It can be a harsh environment.
- It is capable of producing the sound of its best version.
- The voice coil is low density and can prevent corrosion.
- The subwoofer is way too easy to install.
- It produces a fantastic bass with no distortion or crispiness.
- The bracket gets adjusted so easily with the place and doesn’t wiggle.
- They are designed to generate the maximum output.
- It requires minimum clearance.
- No matter what quality amp and the speaker you have or how old they are, CXX10 works just great.
- For the price, the features are unbeatable.
- Due to overuse/over frequency , it may get blown.
- It has a single voice coil with lots of frequencies, magnetism, and electrostatic energies to handle.
- It is not wireless
- The product is not waterproof.
This one on the list is the most purchased subwoofer with 85% positive ratings and 15% bad ratings – of course, roses have some thorns.
Planet Audio AC10D
For more than 25 years, Planet Audio has been putting in a lot of effort to improve the lifestyle and human driving experience. The brand has been manufacturing audio devices for cars, and recreational vehicles. Here its AC10D 10 Inch subwoofer aims to make it affordable to enjoy blasting music in the car.
- The diameter of the subwoofer is 8 inches with an overall dimension of 11 x 11 x 5.3 inches.
- Power Handling maximum 1500 Watts
- Dual 2 inch high temperature voice coil
- The pressure of the sound is 87Db.
- The sub’s body is made of propylene, and the mice come with the PVC ring and 12-gauge compression terminals.
- The weight of the subwoofer is 8.4 pounds.
- The device is wireless in black colour.
- The sub owns a sleek and magnificent design – Customizable Trim Ring.
- It is best to generate the desired bass for the limited space and the small cars.
- It has an elevated structure that makes it fit anywhere in the car. Even if you have large speakers, they are easy to get fit in.
- The subs are very versatile in terms of handling different frequencies with ease.
- The sub is great with the both low and high frequency and generates tighter bass.
- It sounds better than other expensive subs on the market.
- The sub is not waterproof.
- Built materials are up-to-the mark.
AC10D is on the list and truly a game-changer for an audio system. It has got 65% positive ratings, which means it is good to opt for a small spaced car.
Last but not least, in the world of technology, when every brand competes with the other brands to earn name and $ $$$, Pioneer stands alone to solve what humans want to have a modernised approach to the car stereo. Here’s “TS-A100D4”, with the enhanced features.
- The 10 inches device has total dimensions of 12.4 x 11.46 x 6.65 inches.
- It works amazingly when the current of 4 ohms is running through the coil.
- It has a single voice coil.
- The weight of the sub is 1.5 kilograms.
- It can generate an output of 1300 watts.
- The damper of the product is made of Aramid.
- Propylene is used to make the Gasket.
- Voice coil wire is made of copper.
- Voice coil Bobbin is made of Aluminium.
- Customers love this amazing piece with the sleek and adorable design of the woofer.
- It sounds amazing with the lower frequencies and works for some starting mid-range frequencies.
- It ensures to generate the clean and clear bass that everyone loves.
- These are easy to install.
- For such a low sum of money, the quality of the sound it produces is magnificent.
- It is resistant to wear and tear corrosion and electrostatic imbalance.
- It consists of a single powerful coil, which eliminates distortion and unwanted sounds – just you and the music.
- It comes with a warranty.
- Make sure the power supply is limited; otherwise, it will have a distortion-burning smell and might blow away.
- Continuous use may invite damage to occur in the device.
This has got the 10th position on the list, it is worth buying if you are looking for some affordable options with small and medium-sized vehicles, and you’re going to love it!
Our Recommended product is Skar Audio SDR-10 D4
User experience comes in the first place, so according to user experience, features and price – It’s the most reliable, max output & quality product on the list – you can say,
logically, it’s the best “value for money” option if you are looking for car subwoofers under $100.
1200 watt output with an advanced airflow cooling can produce the maximum amount of bass for a longer period. That’s the simple reason – It has won more than 4000 hearts, and the following can be yours!
You’re finding it challenging to figure out what type of sub would work for you and the car? I hope the blog has answered it all. Here’s a list of 10 excellent and the Best Car Subwoofers under $100 of 2022! Let’s know which one has got your heart?